Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Put down your dehydrated soup mixes, your sour cream, your bell peppers, onion, alfredo sauce and all other impostors! A co-worker had brought this recipe to a potluck long ago and I thought I'd lost the recipe forever, but lo and behold, I found it! As incredible as I'd remembered, no soup mix to make it taste canned and salty, no sour cream to make it thin and watery, no impostor veggies to take away from the spinach and artichoke....just good old fashioned thick, creamy, fattening spin dip! I DARE you to try this in place of your old recipe just once...you won't go back!
- 1 (14 ounce) can spinach, drained well
- 0.5 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, diced
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain spinach well before using.
- Mix spinach, artichokes, cream cheese, mayonnaise, mozzarella cheese and garlic powder in a large bowl.
- Spoon dip into a oven-safe dish (I use a 8x8 or a 9x9) and bake until bubbly and heated through.
- Serve warm with crackers, fresh bread, toasted bread or with a spoon (if you're desperate).
This dip was very easy to make and delicious! The only thing I did differently, was I used 1 TBSP minced garlic instead of garlic powder. It is thick and cheesy! We ate this with Keebler seasalt and olive oil flatbread crisp crackers..YUMMMM!