Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I wasn't going to post this recipe because there are so many bean salad recipes out there, but my search for one similar to this came up blank. This is more fresh and less sweet than most of the three bean salads I found. Also, I use garbanzo beans instead of the usual wax beans. Did not include time to marinate since this can be eaten right away, but is much better a few hours or a day later.
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- Bring a bot of water to a boil. Cut green beans in thirds and add to boiling water. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk together the basil, oregano, pepper, garlic, salt, oil, vinegar and hot sauce.
- Drian the green beans and rinse in cold water.
- Add the beans, bell pepper, and scallions.
- Allow salad to marinate 4-24 hours.
SO GOOD!!! I love that this is NO SUGAR. I followed the recipe...except that I added a can of black beans...so it came out 4 bean salad.
Very good recipe. Followed recipe more or less exactly except quantities (never been one to measure) Will definitely save this recipe for later. Thanks poster :)
Terrific! Keeps forever. If you're doing the four hour diet, sub black beans for chick peas. Thanks!