1/1 Photo of My Three Bean Salad-No Sugar
Chef Jean's Note:
I wasn't going to post this recipe because there are so many bean salad recipes out there, but my search for one similar to this came up blank. This is more fresh and less sweet than most of the three bean salads I found. Also, I use garbanzo beans instead of the usual wax beans. Did not include time to marinate since this can be eaten right away, but is much better a few hours or a day later.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1Bring a bot of water to a boil. Cut green beans in thirds and add to boiling water. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 2In a large bowl whisk together the basil, oregano, pepper, garlic, salt, oil, vinegar and hot sauce.
- 3Drian the green beans and rinse in cold water.
- 4Add the beans, bell pepper, and scallions.
- 5Allow salad to marinate 4-24 hours.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Three Bean Salad-No Sugar
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.4
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 613.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 11.3 g