Recipe by Charmie777
After tinkering with a few different recipes, this is my family's favorite version! Sooooo good, I could eat the whole bowl! You can easily add cooked chicken and make it a main dish! The honey is an optional ingredient; leave it out if you don't like the noodles sweet.
Top Review by Just_Ducky!!
I saved this recipe a couple weeks ago for a night just like tonight where I needed a quick meal. I cooked some shrimp on the side and added it as well as mixing in a couple of shredded carrots to make sure the kids got some veggies. Ds10 asked if I could rate it 10 stars out of 5, I told him the best I could do was let you know his rating, this is the kid that doesn't care for peanut butter too ;). A perfect blend of seasonings. I did cut back quite a bit on the Samba Olek as my boys are not quite ready for the heat and just added more to mine as well as some crushed red pepper. Also forgot I was out of sesame seeds so added a wee bit extra sesame oil. Wonderful, easy and delicious meal. Thanks for posting Charmie :D!
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked al dente, drained
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek (chili paste)
- 1⁄4 cup honey (optional)
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (toasted if you like)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat peanut butter in microwave for 20 seconds to soften.
- In a large bowl whisk together softened peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sambal oelek and honey (if using).
- Add spaghetti, green onions and sesame seeds.
- Toss well.
- Chill until ready to serve - or serve at room temperature.
- NOTE: Please adjust ingredients to suit your tastes.