1/3 Photos of My Thai Chicken Curry
I love to play with Asian ingredients! This recipe is so simple and yet delightful that I just had to post it. It is a family favorite! I hope you enjoy it like we do. The beautiful thing about these ingredients is they play well together. So if it's not sweet enough for you, add a little more brown sugar; likewise, if it's not salty enough, add more fish sauce...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 medium russet potatoes, precooked for 7 minutes in microwave then cubed
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cashew nuts, unsalted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1Heat skillet over medium high heat.
- 2Add olive oil.
- 3Saute chicken in skillet until browned, approximately 5 minutes.
- 4Remove chicken.
- 5Add coconut milk, curry paste, fish sauce and brown sugar. Whisk to combine.
- 6Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium low.
- 7Add chicken and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 8Add cubed potatoes and continue cooking until potatoes are firm but cooked through, approximately 5-7 minutes longer.
- 9Remove from heat and sprinkle with cashews and cilantro.
- 10Serve over white rice in a wide mouthed bowl.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Thai Chicken Curry
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.0
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 807.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 19.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk