Recipe by Julie.25
I love to play with Asian ingredients! This recipe is so simple and yet delightful that I just had to post it. It is a family favorite! I hope you enjoy it like we do. The beautiful thing about these ingredients is they play well together. So if it's not sweet enough for you, add a little more brown sugar; likewise, if it's not salty enough, add more fish sauce...
Top Review by ElizabethKnicely
This dish was good. A little sweet for our taste. I don't know why, but I always assumed Thai food was spicy and every Thai recipe I have tried has been sweet. I will try to spice it up a little if I make this again. Made for PAC Spring 2013.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 medium russet potatoes, precooked for 7 minutes in microwave then cubed
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cashew nuts, unsalted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat skillet over medium high heat.
- Add olive oil.
- Saute chicken in skillet until browned, approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken.
- Add coconut milk, curry paste, fish sauce and brown sugar. Whisk to combine.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium low.
- Add chicken and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add cubed potatoes and continue cooking until potatoes are firm but cooked through, approximately 5-7 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with cashews and cilantro.
- Serve over white rice in a wide mouthed bowl.