Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I spent several meals researching this fantastic recipe. This of course is my own. I always try to use quality ingredients. Organic when possible. I almost always invest a great deal of time and love in my recipes. This one is made with lots!
- 1 tablespoon Madras curry powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 onion, cut into slices
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 ounces coconut milk
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb boneless chicken, cubed
- 1 lb potato, baked
- 16 ounces whole tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Heat butter and oil in saute pan.
- When hot add slivered onions and sauté to near opaque.
- Add Cayenne and Madras Curry Powder. Saute for five minutes.
- Add Chicken stock and all ingredients except potatoes and chicken.
- Cook on Medium for 20 minutes stirring often.
- Add chicken and potatoes cook to warm. Thai curry is more like a soup. I like to serve this over plain white rice.
This was very simple to make-It was actually good, but not mind blowing. Just hearty and good- the flavors seem to blend well together- I had to add more curry, cayenne, and peanut butter than it called for. I used a saffron rice as the base which actually pumped it up. I would make this again, but I would change more things.