Recipe by LaraKN
Read the recipes & did it my way. Must have sherry & Worcestershire to make it tetrazzini. Should not have any green veggies, & the cheese should be white cheese. I poached chicken breast in chicken stock & used the liquid as the broth in the recipe.
- 12 ounces thin spaghetti, broken in thirds
- 1⁄3 cup cream of mushroom soup mix
- 10 ounces water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cups chicken, poached & shredded
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Italian cheese blend, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease a 3 quart casserole. Bring a pot of salted water up to a boil, cook thin spaghetti according to package directions, drain, return to pan.
- Mix soup mix & water in a small saucepan, heat over medium until boiling, cook 1 minute stirring constantly, remove from heat & set aside.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium high, add mushrooms & onions, and sauté until golden brown. Reduce heat to low, stir in chicken, broth, sherry, Worcestershire, prepared soup. Stir until well combined. Stir in Italian cheese blend, & 1/2 cup of Parmesan, pepper to taste. Pour over cooked spaghetti & toss until combined.
- Transfer to prepared casserole, top with remaining Parmesan, bake uncovered 20-25 minutes until bubbling. Let rest 5 minutes, serve.