1/2 Photos of My Tasty Tasty Venison & Pork Chili
2 hrs 30 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
My husband loves venison chili. We hope that you will enjoy this spicy dish, which can be made hotter or milder, by adding or decreasing the amount of chili powder and peppers. When cooking with venison, I always add ground pork or bacon because venison is very lean and can dry out easily. For the best tasting chili remove from heat, let the chili cool completely, then cover and refrigerate it until the next day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, large, Spanish, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, large, minced
- 1 cup bell pepper, sweet (green or red or yellow or or orange)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon sea salt, coarse
- 3 -4 teaspoons sugar
- 4 -6 tablespoons chili powder, Mexican
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, New Mexico, hot dried
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2-1 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon ground coriander (optional)
- 2 fresh bay leaves (or 1 dried leaf)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 1/2 cups stewed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 19 ounces red kidney beans, drained (1 can)
- 19 ounces white kidney beans, drained (1 can)
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded (garnish)
- 1/2 cup old cheddar cheese, shredded (garnish)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (garnish)
- 1In a large pan saute the onions and garlic in oil and butter until they are limp and golden.
- 2Next add the ground venison & pork, stirring until well browned.
- 3Then add the rest of the ingredients except for the beans and cook on high for 5 minutes making sure to stir constantly at this stage.
- 4Lower heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 5Add the drained kidney beans and stir to blend the flavors together.
- 6Place the chili in a slow cooker on low and cook for 2 - 3 hours.
- 7Cook until the chili is thickened and rich in flavor.
- 8Remember to taste your chili as it’s cooking to see if you need to adjust your seasonings.
- 9Adjust the spices accordingly and add more liquid if the mixture gets too dry.
- 10Top with a mixture of shredded cheddar & Monterey jack cheese & thinly sliced green onions.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Tasty Tasty Venison & Pork Chili
Serving Size: 1 (517 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 722.5
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 140.0 mg
- Sodium 1660.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.6 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 50.9 g