Recipe by Chef Moto Mom
This was something a freind and myself tryed and it was really good and fun to make. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Top Review by James #4
I just finished making and eating this recipe, and as a fan of the Ruben Sandwich I must say I am not disappointed. I prefer corned beef instead of pastrami so I used that as well as shredding my swiss instead of slicing it. Also, the post from Brenda is right on as I needed to let mine cook a bit more as well. I cooked it at 400 for about 10min and then 300 for another 10 min, was a bit doughy but Ive a feeling I just did not drain the sauerkraut enough before mixing in the dressing. Very Tasty, Very Easy, Well worth the 40min overall from start to finish (Including one ornery sauerkraut container!)
- 1 (12 inch) prepared pizza crust or 1 lb fresh pizza dough
- 1 lb pastrami
- 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese, sliced (or 1 package of pre sliced swiss cheese)
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Russian salad dressing
- 1 (8 ounce) jar sauerkraut (small bottle)
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll out the pizza dough on a parchment lined baking sheet. Drain the sauerkraut. In a small bowl add the sauerkraut and enough Dressing to cover it. Spread a thin layer of the dressing on the crust top with a layer of the meat, cheese and sauerkraut mixture. Layer until all is gone should have about 3 layers. Top with more dressing if you would like. Roll up jelly roll sytle. Bake in a 350 degree oven until brown about 10 15 minute Let rest for 5 minute Cut and enjoy!