Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
There are a lot of taco salad recipes that have salad dressing, this is NOT one of them. I wanted something a little healthier and without salad dressing and this is what I came up with. It is filling and good! You can adjust the amount of ingredients, it's not an exact science. It is great with flavored tortilla chips too (I like it with lime tortilla chips).
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- 2 cups lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup tortilla chips, broken
- 1 cup Pace Picante Sauce
- 4 tablespoons low-fat sour cream (optional)
- 4 tablespoons chopped black olives (optional)
- Brown ground turkey, add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions.
- In a seperate pan heat up the black beans.
- Divide the turkey, beans, lettuce, cheese tomatoes, chips, salsa, sour crean and black olives into four seperate bowls. Serve and enjoy!
This was very tasty. I usually do ground beef without beans but add more cheese and stuff. I had a little less than a poound of turkey and i added the black beans right in with it after it was browned. I did add a bit more chips and lettuce and a can of sliced black olives but same basic recipe. Yum!
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe other then I used ground beef instead of turkey. I also used a can of refried beans instead of black beans. I didn't add the tomato on my one son's serving as he doesn't like them. Everyone enjoyed this. I did add the optional sour cream but not the black olives. Made for Fall PAC 2008.