Recipe by Busy Lindsay
There are a lot of taco salad recipes that have salad dressing, this is NOT one of them. I wanted something a little healthier and without salad dressing and this is what I came up with. It is filling and good! You can adjust the amount of ingredients, it's not an exact science. It is great with flavored tortilla chips too (I like it with lime tortilla chips).
Top Review by newmama
This was very tasty. I usually do ground beef without beans but add more cheese and stuff. I had a little less than a poound of turkey and i added the black beans right in with it after it was browned. I did add a bit more chips and lettuce and a can of sliced black olives but same basic recipe. Yum!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- 2 cups lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup tortilla chips, broken
- 1 cup Pace Picante Sauce
- 4 tablespoons low-fat sour cream (optional)
- 4 tablespoons chopped black olives (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground turkey, add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions.
- In a seperate pan heat up the black beans.
- Divide the turkey, beans, lettuce, cheese tomatoes, chips, salsa, sour crean and black olives into four seperate bowls. Serve and enjoy!