Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This it so simple, delish, and the kids can help too.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) bag Doritos, crushes
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup Catalina dressing, to your taste (or more)
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) bagshredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ounce taco seasoning mix (i like taco bell)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion (chopped) (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup black beans (drained) (optional)
- 1⁄2 tomatoes (chopped) (optional)
- 1 avocado (chopped) (optional)
- Brown your beef until cook through.
- Prepare beef as taco seasons package direction.
- In a large bowl combine lettuce, Doritos.
- In a medium size bowl combine sour cream and dressing until well blended.
- Cool beef.
- Add cooled taco beef to lettuce bowl.
- Add cheese to same bowl (this would the time to add any of the add ins if you would like to use any).
- Mix well.
- Pour sour cream mixture into salad bowl.
- Combine well.
- Gobble up and enjoy.
Excellent. I only made a half recipe as I didn't want leftovers. It is a large recipe and I did have some leftovers. Although the doritos will not be very crunchy, I expect it will still taste good tomorrow. I made my catalina dressing and put a bit too much sugar in it so it was a bit too sweet for me (no one else complained). I will watch that next time. It really is a nice and hearty salad. The options are great, sorry I didn't have an avocado but will next time! Thanks for sharing. Made for Fall PAC 2009.
Loved it! The dressing adds just the right flavor. I used recipe #33561 for the dressing. Thanks Kittycara! Edited to say that I've made this several times over the past year and it's become a family keeper!
I made this for the 2007 Pick A Chef Contest. I did not take a picture of it since, well there wasn't any left. OH my!! This was excellent. I did do some substitutions to it though. I used the green onions and tomato, I did not use the black beans or the avocado (yuck!!). I made it as suggested although I did not add the Doritos until it was ready to be served. I would recommend that you add the Doritos when you need them. It makes a lot. So if you are going to be eating it in several different servings, I would add them as you need them. That way you get the crunch. If it is for a potluck then I would put in the Doritos at the last minute. I only say this so that they stay crunchy. With so many 'wet' ingredients you don't want them soggy. Other than that this is actually a 6 Star recipe. I will be definitely be making this again!!! Master KUDOS to kittycara!!!