1/1 Photo of My Tabouleh
Love this stuff; not quite the authentic because I have only the ingredients my family likes,but I'm sure you will really enjoy it with some pita bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak bulgur wheat in lukewarm water to cover by 1/2 inch for 45 minutes and then place in sieve to drain.
- 2Combine minced onion pepper and salt.
- 3Set aside.
- 4In a large bowl, combine parsley, scallions and tomatoes,.
- 5Gently fold in the soaked or rinsed wheat.
- 6Stir in seasoned onion and dress with lemon and oil.Add parsley, scallions and tomatoes,.
- 7Refrigerate at least an hour before serving.
- 8Serve on lettuce leaves in individual dishes, or use tender lettuce heart leaves as scoops to eat the tabbouleh. In Lebanon tabouleh is generally served on a large platter and decorated with chopped tomatoes. The vegetable leaves are served on a separate dish in an attractive way.
- 9I usually have a basket of mini pitas that we spoon our tabouleh on.
Browse Our Top Lebanese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Tabouleh
Serving Size: 1 (856 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.4
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 820.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 4.4 g