- 3 (16 ounce) cans pork & beans, pork removed
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced
- 3 onions, diced
- 1 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all beans in a large bowl.
- Cook bacon and add to beans.
- Saute onions in bacon grease until translucent and soft. Drain some of the grease.
- Mix together brown sugar, cider vinegar and dry mustard. Pour over onions in frying pan and bring to a boil.
- Pour over bean/bacon mixture and mix well.
- Pour into 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350F for 1 1/2 - 2 hours or until just thickened up.