Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
besides my pumpkin orange pie, this is my favourite
- 158.51 ml white sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 1.23 ml ground allspice
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 354.88 ml mashed cooked sweet potatoes (no seasoning)
- 158.51 ml evaporated milk (carnation)
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 88.74 ml melted butter
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans
- Pre heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a glass pie pan with your favourite pastry.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, until well combined.
- Pour into unbaked crust and bake 15 minutes.
- Lower oven temp.
- to 350 degrees F.
- and bake another 25 minutes.
- After the 25 minutes.
- Combine all the topping mixture and spread over the hot pie.
- Return to oven and bake at 350 degrees F.
- for another 15 minutes.
- Total baking time should be 50 minutes.
- Test with a knife to make sure pie is firm and cooked thru.