Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
besides my pumpkin orange pie, this is my favourite
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes (no seasoning)
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk (carnation)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Pre heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a glass pie pan with your favourite pastry.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, until well combined.
- Pour into unbaked crust and bake 15 minutes.
- Lower oven temp.
- to 350 degrees F.
- and bake another 25 minutes.
- After the 25 minutes.
- Combine all the topping mixture and spread over the hot pie.
- Return to oven and bake at 350 degrees F.
- for another 15 minutes.
- Total baking time should be 50 minutes.
- Test with a knife to make sure pie is firm and cooked thru.