Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I have been threatened with life and limb to bring this to all family get-togethers!!! Never an spot of it left.
- 3 (60 ounce) cans sweet potatoes or 3 (60 ounce) cans yams
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter (Softened)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter (Melted)
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 -2 cup chopped pecans or 1 -2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a LARGE bowl, combine sweet potatoes, sugar,eggs, and softened butter. Mix on low with electric mixer, increasing speed as chunks get smaller. Should be really creamy texture.
- In a separate bowl, mix melted butter with flour, brown sugar, and nuts until moist and even.
- Spread sweet potato mixture into a 13"x9" pan, evenly coat top of sweet potatoes with nut mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes until topping has crisped.