This is a GREAT dish. My family loves it and its a little bit of a twist on your traditional manicotti!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 15 maple sausage
- 2 eggs
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 2 (24 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce, we like to use both three cheese flavor and tomato and basil flavored mixed
- 1 (8 ounce) box manicotti
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup KRAFT Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 5 fresh Italian parsley (strands)
- Sauce: Brown the meat in a skillet with your italian seasonings and garlic salt, drain when done to get fat off.
- Heat sausage up so that you can cut it into little peices, it will cook the rest of the way when in the oven.
- Combine your pasta sauce, meat, and sausage and mix together over low heat.
- While making your filling start boiling your manicotti noodles. Follow directions on box to go about boiling the noodles.
- Filling: Mix ricotta, 1 and 1/2 cups mozarella (the rest will go on top), some of the parmesean (save enough to sprnkle on top), sugar, and chopped parsley in a large mixing bowl. Add in some dried basil. (about 3 shakes).
- Take a gallon size ziplock baggy and put the filling inside. Cut a hole in bottom corner so you can squeeze filling out.
- Layer some of your pasta sauce across the bottom of the pan so the noodles do not stick to pan and because theres no such thing as too much sauce!
- Take your noodles and your ziplock and fill noodles full of filling. When all noodles are filled and aligned in your casserole pan pour remaining sauce on top of manicotti.
- Sprinkle with your leftover mozzarella and parmesean.
- Cover with foil and bake in oven at 350 for 30 minutes, then take foil off and bake an addition 10 minutes.
- Take your manicotti noodles and fill the.