1/1 Photo of My Sweet Manicotti in Meat Sauce
1 hr 25 mins
This is a GREAT dish. My family loves it and its a little bit of a twist on your traditional manicotti!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 15 maple sausage
- 2 eggs
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 2 (24 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce, we like to use both three cheese flavor and tomato and basil flavored mixed
- 1 (8 ounce) box manicotti
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 5 fresh Italian parsley (strands)
- 1Sauce: Brown the meat in a skillet with your italian seasonings and garlic salt, drain when done to get fat off.
- 2Heat sausage up so that you can cut it into little peices, it will cook the rest of the way when in the oven.
- 3Combine your pasta sauce, meat, and sausage and mix together over low heat.
- 4While making your filling start boiling your manicotti noodles. Follow directions on box to go about boiling the noodles.
- 5Filling: Mix ricotta, 1 and 1/2 cups mozarella (the rest will go on top), some of the parmesean (save enough to sprnkle on top), sugar, and chopped parsley in a large mixing bowl. Add in some dried basil. (about 3 shakes).
- 6Take a gallon size ziplock baggy and put the filling inside. Cut a hole in bottom corner so you can squeeze filling out.
- 7Layer some of your pasta sauce across the bottom of the pan so the noodles do not stick to pan and because theres no such thing as too much sauce!
- 8Take your noodles and your ziplock and fill noodles full of filling. When all noodles are filled and aligned in your casserole pan pour remaining sauce on top of manicotti.
- 9Sprinkle with your leftover mozzarella and parmesean.
- 10Cover with foil and bake in oven at 350 for 30 minutes, then take foil off and bake an addition 10 minutes.
- 11Take your manicotti noodles and fill the.
Browse Our Top Manicotti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Manicotti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Sweet Manicotti in Meat Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 846.3
- Calories from Fat 422
- Total Fat 46.9 g
- Saturated Fat 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 230.1 mg
- Sodium 999.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 50.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
KRAFT Shredded Parmesan Cheese
fresh Italian parsley