Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
As my grandmother became ill and it was clear she wasn't going to live much longer, I used to lay in the bed talking to her and jotted down the recipes she would tell me from memory. This was always one of my favorites, and I still recall the day she told me how to make the pie. I simply couldn't believe that she could recall so many recipes. To this day, I only wish I had began asking when I was a child so I could have the collection of recipes to go with all of the food memories she gave me.
- Preheat over to 325 degrees.
- Peel and boil the potatoes in water until tender.
- Drain and mash the potatoes well with the stick of butter and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Taste; add the rest of the sugar if not sweet enough.
- Mix in the eggs and cinnamon (or allspice).
- Add the evaporated milk into the mixture until it appears loose. It may or may not require all of the canned milk.
- Pour into the unbaked pie shell.
- Bake until middle is set.