Prep 2 mins
Cook 1 min
Who says you have to spend a long time cooking a tasty, healthy, filling breakfast? Not me! You can easily double this recipe, just use a bigger bowl. Feel free to change up ingredients too; these are just my personal favourites. The red sauce in the pictures is just something I blended up with fresh tomatoes, etc. You can use whatever you want with this versatile dish.
- Cut mushroom into chunks and fry until tender. Alternately use canned mushrooms.
- Rinse microwave safe bowl with cold water.
- Combine egg, milk, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Beat with fork until frothy.
- Sprinkle with mushrooms.
- Cover with microwave safe plate or plastic wrap.
- Cook 30-60 seconds on High in microwave until omelet starts to rise and look fluffy.
- Put some tomato puree or your favorite pasta sauce on top and sprinkle with fresh parsley to serve.
I just made this today. Its amazing! I don't know why anybody would want to bother with a frying pan again. I mixed two eggs in with some onions and then I topped it off with fat free spaghetti sauce.