Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love stuffing and there are so many ways to make it. This is my favorite.
- turkey giblets, from 1 bird
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage, out of casing
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 2 fuji apples, cored, peeled, and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) bagarnold's seasoned stuffing mix
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- black pepper
- Spray a large frying pan with cooking spray. Cook the sausage on medium heat until done, about 8 minutes. Discard grease. Transfer the sausage to a large mixing bowl. Make sure the sausage is crumbled.
- Bring the giblets to a boil in a small pot with enough water to just cover them. Reduce to simmer and continue cooking for about 30 minutes. Discard the giblets, but save the liquid in which they were cooked.
- Melt the 2 tablespoons of butter in frying pan. Saute onion, celery, and apples until done, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and poultry seasoning. Cook for another 30 seconds. Stir often.
- Add the apple mixture and the bag of stuffing to the sausage in the bowl. Mix well. Add the chicken broth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the apple-sausage mixture to a large roasting pan. Drizzle the giblet liquid all over the mixture. Drizzle the melted 1/2 cup of butter all over the mixture.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- * If you think it's going to be too wet, then cut back on the amount of giblet liquid, but don't cut back on the butter.