Recipe by VickyJ
This is something I made with what I had on-hand one night, and it turned out delicious. You can serve it alone or with sauce. I made a simple one with a little chicken broth, flour, basil and rosemary over medium heat until it thickened. A nice tossed salad or veggies with crusty bread would go excellent with this dish. You can vary the seasonings or cheese if you wish.
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb (I used french bread)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 whole chicken breasts
- 2 slices boiled ham
- 2 slices sharp cheddar cheese (or any cheese of your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine stuffing, butter, Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil and rosemary.
- Butterfly chicken breasts and lie flat on cutting board.
- Take slice of ham, spoonful of stuffing mixture and slice of cheese; wrap breast around and place seam-side down in 9 inch glass baking dish. Repeat with other breast and cover dish with foil to prevent burning.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- You can make a sauce with this or serve it alone.