Recipe by katie in the UP
I've had 'stuffed pepper soup' at different eating establishments...but we prefer mine. We like spice and lots of bell peppers!!
Top Review by moe2654
This was very delicious and easy to make. The only thing I did different, was to add some dried Italian Seasoning at the end of cooking time. It tasted even better the second day once all the flavors melded together.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 8 large green bell peppers, large chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 -3 jalapenos, chopped (veins and seeds included)
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste (4 cans of water)
- 1 (32 ounce) carton beef broth
- 3 cups steamed rice
- instant onion soup mix (i've also been know to toss in a couple of pkg)