Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I've had 'stuffed pepper soup' at different eating establishments...but we prefer mine. We like spice and lots of bell peppers!!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 8 large green bell peppers, large chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 -3 jalapenos, chopped (veins and seeds included)
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste (4 cans of water)
- 1 (32 ounce) carton beef broth
- 3 cups steamed rice
- instant onion soup mix (i've also been know to toss in a couple of pkg)
- In a large stock pot brown beef and onions. Add peppers.
- Cook approx 5-10 minutes. Add all ingredients except cooked rice. Simmer for 30 minutes on low. Add rice and serve.
This was very delicious and easy to make. The only thing I did different, was to add some dried Italian Seasoning at the end of cooking time. It tasted even better the second day once all the flavors melded together.
very good soup if you like peppers.I used a mixture of red, green and orange.yummy
This is not for me. Nice to try and better than what you can find in a restaurant.