Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This has evolved again and again and I finally think it's post worthy, lotsa veggies! It's a "busy" meal meaning you don't get much "passive" time but when you get to eat it, it's so worth it. Hope you enjoy. You can use any combination of veggies (canned and fresh) you like. Notes: It helps to partially freeze the steak first before slicing. Marinating is NOT included in cooking time.
- 1 (36 g) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 lb round steak (sliced thin)
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 large carrots (cut on the bias)
- 2 cups celery (cut on the bias)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 1⁄2 cup sugar snap pea (whole, or snow peas)
- 1⁄2 medium green pepper (halved and sliced thin)
- 1 medium red pepper (halved and sliced thin)
- 1 small zucchini (thinly sliced)
- 1 large onion (quartered and sliced thin)
- 2 cups mushrooms (halved)
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts (sliced)
- 1 (14 ounce) can baby corn
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots
- Mix soup mix, water, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, garlic, parsley, steak spice and basil.
- Marinate the beef in soup mixture covered in the fridge for at least 1/2 day stirring occasionally.
- After marinating:.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a rolling boil.
- In a large skillet (or wok) heat 1/2 of oil over med-high heat.
- Add dense veggies to boiling water, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Immediately drain and put into heated skillet/wok, add soft veggies and stir fry for 2-3 minutes .
- Take veggies out of skillet/wok. Set aside.
- Heat rest of oil and stir fry 1/2 of beef for 2-3 minutes reserving marinade.
- Remove from pan.
- Stir fry rest of beef 2-3 minutes.
- Return 1st batch of cooked beef to pan.
- Mix cornstarch and marinade well.
- Add canned veggies to pan with meat.
- Pour marinade and cornstarch mixture into pan and stir well.
- Continue stirring until thick and bubbly.
- Return cooked veggies to pan and toss gently to coat.
- Cover and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat immediately and serve over noodles or rice.
I liked the stir-fry with all my favorite veggies, however, I found the 1/2 lb got lost in the mixture (& I didn't even add the broccoli, zucchini or bamboo shoots, didn't have them on hand). So, next time I'll increase the steak. Having said that, I think the recipe would easily feed 4. Nice marinade & I liked the consistency of the dense vegys (due to par-boiling them). Because of the several different (quick) steps, I recommend having all the vegys cut & ready to go when you start. Enjoyed the recipe, thanks for sharing.