This has evolved again and again and I finally think it's post worthy, lotsa veggies! It's a "busy" meal meaning you don't get much "passive" time but when you get to eat it, it's so worth it. Hope you enjoy. You can use any combination of veggies (canned and fresh) you like. Notes: It helps to partially freeze the steak first before slicing. Marinating is NOT included in cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (36 g) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 lb round steak (sliced thin)
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 -1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 large carrots (cut on the bias)
- 2 cups celery (cut on the bias)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 1/2 cup sugar snap pea (whole, or snow peas)
- 1/2 medium green pepper (halved and sliced thin)
- 1 medium red pepper (halved and sliced thin)
- 1 small zucchini (thinly sliced)
- 1 large onion (quartered and sliced thin)
- 2 cups mushrooms (halved)
- 1Mix soup mix, water, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, garlic, parsley, steak spice and basil.
- 2Marinate the beef in soup mixture covered in the fridge for at least 1/2 day stirring occasionally.
- 3After marinating:.
- 4Bring a medium pot of salted water to a rolling boil.
- 5In a large skillet (or wok) heat 1/2 of oil over med-high heat.
- 6Add dense veggies to boiling water, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- 7Immediately drain and put into heated skillet/wok, add soft veggies and stir fry for 2-3 minutes .
- 8Take veggies out of skillet/wok. Set aside.
- 9Heat rest of oil and stir fry 1/2 of beef for 2-3 minutes reserving marinade.
- 10Remove from pan.
- 11Stir fry rest of beef 2-3 minutes.
- 12Return 1st batch of cooked beef to pan.
- 13Mix cornstarch and marinade well.
- 14Add canned veggies to pan with meat.
- 15Pour marinade and cornstarch mixture into pan and stir well.
- 16Continue stirring until thick and bubbly.
- 17Return cooked veggies to pan and toss gently to coat.
- 18Cover and cook 1-2 minutes.
- 19Remove pan from heat immediately and serve over noodles or rice.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (532 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 464.7
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 52.0 mg
- Sodium 989.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 30.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: