Recipe by JohnsCutie
This is just a casserole I made up when I didn't want to serve just the squash and peppers that come in the frozen package. I am posting it for nutritional value.
Top Review by morgainegeiser
I thought this was a great way to prepare squash. I was unable to find squash with red peppers at my grocery store, but I found frozen red peppers and frozen squash, so just added part of the bag of peppers to the squash. I felt it was a great flavor and a nice way to fix squash.
- 453.59 g package yellow squash, with
- red pepper, cooked according to directions
- 2 eggs
- 78.07 ml finely chopped onion
- 78.07 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4.92 ml white pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml butter
- 226.79 g one tube Ritz crackers
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook the squash and peppers according to the package directions.
- Place the squash in the casserole dish you will be using(I use an 8 x 8 dish).
- Add the other ingredients. I just add them according to the way they are listed, but add them however works for you.
- Cover with crackers. Either melt butter and pour over, or daub small amounts of butter over the crackers.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes.