Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is just a casserole I made up when I didn't want to serve just the squash and peppers that come in the frozen package. I am posting it for nutritional value.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook the squash and peppers according to the package directions.
- Place the squash in the casserole dish you will be using(I use an 8 x 8 dish).
- Add the other ingredients. I just add them according to the way they are listed, but add them however works for you.
- Cover with crackers. Either melt butter and pour over, or daub small amounts of butter over the crackers.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
I thought this was a great way to prepare squash. I was unable to find squash with red peppers at my grocery store, but I found frozen red peppers and frozen squash, so just added part of the bag of peppers to the squash. I felt it was a great flavor and a nice way to fix squash.