1 hr 30 mins
A great combination of all of the Baked Ziti recipes from here and Allrecipes.com. Can add Provolone cheese if desired and substitute ground beef or mild Italian sausage. Can also add more hot sausage to make it spicier
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ziti pasta
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage, browned (with casings removed)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 28 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1 tomato, peeled and chopped with juice
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Cook Ziti according to package directions (al dente is preferred).
- 3In a large skillet, cook the Sausage, Onions and Garlic in Olive Oil until the sausage is browned.
- 4Add Spaghetti Sauce, Tomato, Tomato Paste, Chicken Broth, Rosemary and Oregano.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 6Mix Ricotta, Egg, and Parsley in a large bowl.
- 7Mix 1/3 of the sausage mixture with the cooked Ziti pasta.
- 8Place half of the Ziti mixture in a 13x9x2 in baking dish.
- 9In the following order, spread the Ricotta mixture over the Ziti, followed by half of the Parmesan and Mozarella cheeses, and then an additional 1/3 of the sausage mixture.
- 10Then layer the rest of the Ziti, remaining sausage mixture, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese, finishing with the Basil.
- 11Cover and bake for 20 minutes, then uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Spicy Baked Ziti
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 737.4
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 111.8 mg
- Sodium 1739.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 36.7 g