1/3 Photos of My " Special " Pork Chops
2 hrs 25 mins
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
I think it's the soaking in buttermilk that makes this “special”. The long prep time is mostly the soaking of the chops. The salt and pepper is to taste. Posted on October 5th 2005.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pound chops with textured end of meat mallet until 1/4 inch thick.
- 2In a medium sized bowl, add buttermilk and chops, coating each chop well.
- 3Marinate for at least 2 hours or more hours (overnight is best), turning occasionally.
- 4Put flour on a piece of foil or a plate.
- 5Remove chops from buttermilk.
- 6Cover both sides of chops with flour, pressing flour into chops with the palm of your hand.
- 7In medium sized skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- 8Add chops 2 at a time.
- 9Sprinkle with seasoned salt, pepper, and paprika (optional).
- 10Cook until light golden brown on each side about 5 to 6 minutes.
- 11Drain on paper towels if needed.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My " Special " Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.0
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 125.7 mg
- Sodium 434.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 43.7 g