Recipe by Jfoxe
I think I'm incapable of following a recipe as it is written, this meatloaf recipe is the result of that habit. I started with a different recipe and tweaked it so much that it doesn't even resemble the original anymore, lol. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I sometimes use ground venison instead of beef. Makes great stuffed pepper filling too.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1⁄3 cup cornmeal, i actually use maseca but it won't recognize that ingredient
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt, I use Adobo with cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 8 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 8 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed firm (to taste)
- 1 cup ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Meatloaf: Combine meat loaf ingredients and place into meatloaf pan or regular loaf pan. I usually have a little left over because the pan I use is a small one. The excess I freeze for future use as stuffed pepper filling (there's usually enough for 2 peppers).
- Smooth out top.
- Sauce: Combine sauce ingredients and pour on top and sides of meatloaf.
- Bake at 350°F about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until done.