Recipe by Funandsweet623
I would say this is medium spicy, you don't need a drinkafter every bite but it has flavor. I make this on days when I know I won't have time to cook dinner later in the day. Just put it in the Cockpot and forget it. The best part is the longer it cooks the better it tastes. UPDATE: You need to tilt the lid after it gets cooking to reduce the liquid quicker so that the steam can slowly get out. Forgot this when I originally posted it.
Top Review by Chef Shadows
This not the way we normally like our chili, but it did have good flavor and texture. We will make this again with some changes to suite our tastes. Over all a good recipe. We did have to cook this for almost 6 hours to reduce the liquids.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 medium onion
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic (comes in a jar in the produce section)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning, blend (I use Mrs Dash original)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- shredded cheese (optional)
- cracker (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the beef adding half(2 tsp) the chili powder and half(1 tbls) the garlic and half the onion while it is cooking.
- Drain the excess liquid and put in crockpot.
- Pour in all the tomato juice.
- Add the remaining spices and onion.
- Let it cook for at least an hour on high in the crcokpot or until he onion is cooked. It is better if you put it on medium heat(if you have it) and cook it for at least 2 or 3 hours.
- Stir occasionally.
- Serve with cheese and/or crackers spinkled on top.