So rich and fudgy, so many raves, so easy to make! Obtained this recipe from my late MIL and have taken it everywhere... My kids request it... my nieces and nephews have rec'd it in "care packages"... my classmates in grad school gained new respect for me when I shared a pan of these w/ them... *smile* Recipe is easily doubled, which I always do when taking the brownies somewhere... an 8x8" pan is never enough! The package size is an estimate b/c I do not have one on hand to check.
- 1 (20 ounce) packageduncan hines brownie mix (with no additives no chips, packs of liquid chocolate syrup, etc.)
- 4 -5 hershey milk chocolate candy bars
- Make brownies according to directions on pkg.
- Put 1/2 of the batter into greased 8x8” pan.
- Top batter w/ Hershey bars, broken to fit pan. Top w/ remaining batter.
- Bake at temperature given on package for 5 mins less than the minimum time called for.
Love the concept and they mostly turned out good, however it was very difficult to determine whether or not the middle actually got done. Also, these brownies must be cooled completely, cold in fact, before attempting to remove them from the pan. I took only the edges to the party I made them for, but I did save the middles for my family to enjoy (microwaved and served with icecream).
This is just wrong! A good HOMEMADE recipe will not be made from a package, Too many friends could tell it was out of a PACKAGE!
I'm not going to rate this, because I probably botched somehow, but these DID NOT turn out for me at all!:( I sooo wanted them to! They were majorly underbaked (I don't think I should have done the 5 minutes under the minimum time thing) and the chocolate soaked through the bottom layer and just made them super greasy. They didn't hold together at all when I tried to cut them and take them out of the pan (this was after they'd cooled) Sorry, I really wanted this to work! What a waste of ingredients--I threw it all away except for the edges. (which were good, by the way)