Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this special Asian dressing from allrecipes.com and I top the salad with great tasty ramen noodle. It was a big hit at my work when we had our potluck party. Enjoy this semi healthy recipe!
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 head lettuce, rinsed, dried and chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- Prepare the dressing 30 minutes ahead of time by combining the brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, vegetable oil and rice vinegar in a salad dressing carafe and store it in the refrigerator.
- To prepare the crunchy topping, melt butter in large skillet. Crumble ramen noodles in original package bag (throw soup base package away). Add crumbled ramen to skillet with almonds; cook, stirring constantly, until noodles are golden (watch while you are cooking, noodles burnt quickly). Remove from pan;cool.
- Combine iceberg lettuce, toasted sesame seeds, dressing and top salad with crunchy ramen topping. Toss, and serve immediately.