Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
YUM! YUM! This is a wonderful tasting spaghetti sauce. I also use this when making lasagna or manicotti. Serve with a large green salad and garlic bread and you have a great meal to serve your family. (Estimated prep time and can simmer longer than 3 hours if desired. Just be sure to stir occasionally-spaghetti sauce is always better the longer it cooks).
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage link
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1 lb) can diced tomato, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup dry parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 -2 tablespoon fennel seed
- cooked spaghetti
- Brown together the ground beef, sausage, onion and garlic; drain well.
- Add rest of ingredients, stirring well.
- Add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to simmer and cook for 3 hours or until sauce is thickened.
- Serve over hot, cooked spaghetti and top with parmesan cheese.
This sauce is excellent! I picked your sauce because it had fennel in it and I really enjoy fennel in spaghetti sauce. I added a small chopped onion and 2- 8oz. cans of tomato sauce. I also wasn't sure if the tomato paste that said 2 ounces was an error or not, so I added a 6oz. can. Thanks Anita Harris....
delicious sauce and cant believe no one reviewed it. It will be made often.