This is a VERY old recipe that I have doctored over the years! Can be a side dish OR dessert!
Make and share this My Southern Pineapple Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- In large bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs, milk and pineapple, mix well.
- Stir in "craisins" and pecans.
- Fold in bread.
- Pour into greased 13x9-inch glass baking dish, do not smooth flat--leave tiny peaks.
- Bake, uncovered, in 350ºF oven for 35-45 minutes until caramelized and peaks are tinged brown.
- I serve this warm, not hot.
- Goes great with turkey, ham, chicken, and pork as a side dish.
- Leftovers even go great re-heated with vanilla or butter pecan ice cream!