Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Very easy to make. Keeps for a long time. You can adjust the level of heat by adjusting the cayenne and red pepper flakes
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup minced dehydrated onion
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup Frank's red hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, dehydrated
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Stir all ingredients together in a saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Simmer for half an hour, stirring frequently to avoid sticking.
- Store in an airtight container (mason jar) and refrigerate.
This was a really good BBQ Sauce. I fixed it, then we ate it over some pork ribs. It was a bit spicy for us evn though I only used 1/2 tsp of the cayenne. Next time, I'll cut the red pepper flakes down to 1/2 tsp as well. I think I'll also add a bit more liquid smoke. Thanks again for sharing. This will be a new favorite around our house.