1/5 Photos of My Sister's Vegetable Rigatoni
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
My sister makes this for my veggie DD at family dinner parties. It's a hit with everyone.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium red onions, halved and sliced
- 2 red peppers (or yellow or green)
- 1 medium zucchini or 1 medium yellow squash, halved and sliced
- 4 1/2 ounces whole wheat rigatoni (weight before cooking)
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon (use vegetarian)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1In 11" x 7" baking dish, combine onions, peppers, zucchini and 2 tbsp water.
- 2Microwave, covered on High 4 to 5 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
- 3Add cooked rigatoni and mushrooms.
- 4Toss to combine with vegetables.
- 5Sprinkle with bouillon and paprika.
- 6Microwave, covered, on High 2 to 3 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- 7Sprinkle with cheese.
- 8Microwave, uncovered, on High 2 to 3 minutes until cheese melts.
- 9For Vegetarian only use a Vegetarian Chicken flavored bouillon or you will have to sub a Vegetable bouillon.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Sister's Vegetable Rigatoni
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.9
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 6.8 mg
- Sodium 86.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 10.1 g