My sister makes this for my veggie DD at family dinner parties. It's a hit with everyone.
Make and share this My Sister's Vegetable Rigatoni recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium red onions, halved and sliced
- 2 red peppers (or yellow or green)
- 1 medium zucchini or 1 medium yellow squash, halved and sliced
- 4 1⁄2 ounces whole wheat rigatoni (weight before cooking)
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chicken bouillon (use vegetarian)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In 11" x 7" baking dish, combine onions, peppers, zucchini and 2 tbsp water.
- Microwave, covered on High 4 to 5 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Add cooked rigatoni and mushrooms.
- Toss to combine with vegetables.
- Sprinkle with bouillon and paprika.
- Microwave, covered, on High 2 to 3 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Microwave, uncovered, on High 2 to 3 minutes until cheese melts.
- For Vegetarian only use a Vegetarian Chicken flavored bouillon or you will have to sub a Vegetable bouillon.