Cook1 hr 15 mins
This is my sister Barb's recipe. It is the first thing I ever made for my husband when we first met and he flipped over it. He ate a whole loaf driving home from my house!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, oil, egg, sweet potatoes and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients (except walnuts) together well and add to wet ingredients.
- Stir until just combined.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Pour into 2 standard loaf pans.
- Bake for 75 minutes or until thin knife inserted in center comes out clean.