Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 8x4-inch loaf pans.
- Combine in a bowl the brown sugar and oil.
- Stir well until smooth.
- Add the egg, buttermilk, salt, baking soda, vanilla and flour.
- Blend until moist.
- Fold in the diced rhubarb and chopped nuts.
- Turn batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Combine the butter and sugar until crumbly, then sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes, or until bread passes the toothpick test.
- Turn out onto racks and cool before slicing.
- Slice into about 20 slices per loaf.
Very good quick bread. I used white sugar (was out of brown) and added 1/2 tsp baking powder. Omitted nuts because some non nut eaters would be here, but will add them next time. Thanks!