Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a hearty healthy soup for big families or get togethers. It is also delicious as is everything Ruth makes.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans or 1 (16 ounce) can black-eyed peas, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 2 (16 ounce) cans corn
- Cook meat and onions.
- Add dressing and taco mix.
- Add rest.
- Simmer two hours.
- Add water if too thick.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, taco chips.
This hearty soup is flavorful without being too spicy or hot. Thank you for a keeper!
This was pretty darn good. I didn't change anything and it made a ton of soup without too much effort. I expected to taste some of the ranch mix but didn't. Next time I think I'll add either some Cayenne or some Jalapenos for an extra kick - I love spicy.