Prep 2 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Dom DeLuise. Dom suggests serving this with a green salad as a light lunch, but I think they make better appetizers. Could be a side dish as well.
- 1 lb fresh large mushroom
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 cups crabmeat
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and set caps aside.
- Mince mushroom stems.
- Heat oil in a skillet and saute onion, garlic, mushroom stems and 1 cup of the bread crumbs.
- Remove from heat.
- Add crab meat, sprinkle with pepper, and mix well.
- Stuff mushroom caps with mixture.
- Place in a casserole dish.
- Top with remaining bread crumbs and the cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
This is a great recipe!! I served these at a potluck in Chile. I made 50 and they disappeared within 5 minutes! I fried the onions first, and added about a cup of breadcrumbs. My advice, be generous with the tabasco!! It gives it a really nice kick and it's not too spicy because the cream cheese and mayo balances it out. I put about 15 splashes in mine and it was perfect!
Very good!!! I made 1/2 the recipe. I baked the mushrooms for 20 minutes, then added the cheese and baked until melted. They were gone in 5 minutes! Thanks! I making these again over the holidays.