Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chili enthusiasts would hate this recipe! But people who don't usually like chili will eat it, and it's the only chili my kids will eat. No chunks of tomato, onions, or peppers- that's why. It's not thick at all, and should be served with shredded cheese and frito chips, plus a dollop of sour cream. Make sure the beans are labeled "Chili Hot Beans"....no, they're really not hot!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, pureed in chopper
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chili hot beans
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato juice
- Fritos corn chips
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- In a dutch oven pan, brown and drain ground beef with onions that you have ground fine in your chopper or food processor.
- Add taco seasoning mix and coat beef well.
- Dump the beans in, and the tomato juice.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Garnish and enjoy.