Recipe by kate09
Prep time includes time to cook rice. Alternately use pre-cooked or quick cook rice. It's hard cooking for one...sometimes harder than cooking for a crowd. So I keep coming up with recipes that I can use for myself and hopefully they can help some other solo people out there. However, that being said, this recipe can be easily doubled or whatever you wish.
- 1⁄4 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1 g chicken bouillon cube
- 1 small tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 mushroom
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 ounces baby shrimp, precooked
- 2 teaspoons sage
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to directions, adding the bouillon cube to the water. (40-50 minutes).
- Meanwhile, chop mushroom and add to onion in a small container. Pour Worcestershire sauce on top of them and let stand for a few minutes, or for as long as you need to cook the rice.
- Heat small skillet, spray with non-stick spray and add the onion/mushroom mixture. Stir in tomatoes and the remaining spices. Cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, then add the shrimp.
- Drain rice and stir into the skillet mixture. Continue to stir fry until the liquid has evaporated.