Recipe by april #5
Top Review by bad kitty 1116
This recipe was similar to my taco meat recipe, so I decided to combine them both and the result was delicious. I liked the idea of using the El Pato (Mexican tomato sauce) and Corona-I usually used Budweiser. I followed this recipe except instead of salt I used Fajita seasoning and I added a chopped onion, bay leaf and a pinch of oregano.. When it was done I shredded up the meat and put it back in the slow cooker with some of the cooking liquid (not all) and added the green onion and cilantro along with some fresh squeezed lime juice, a can of chopped green chiles, a can of Rotel, some sugar, and a couple splashes of Tapitio hot sauce.The sugar is my secret to delicious taco meat.I let it cook on low for 2 more hours to combine the flavors.First night we made tacos, next day we mixed it with eggs for breakfast and that night had bean and beef burritos. This recipe plus my recipe is my New recipe -thanks,April!
- 1 (4 lb) rump roast
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Corona beer
- 2 (7 3/4 ounce) canshot Mexican tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons crushed garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Place roast in slow cooker and pour corona and tomato sauce over top. Season with garlic and salt and pepper. Add water to cover the roast completely. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours until done. When done, shred meat with a fork and mix with juice. Add onions an cilantro.