Recipe by Douglas Poe
Great recipe for a Paella party, get each of your guest to bring an ingredient. Make some sangria and its merrymaking time.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 lb chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package saffron rice mix
- 3 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb clam, with shells
- 1 cup frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add chicken breast pieces and stir-fry until brown on the outside.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Turn heat down to medium high and add the sausage slices and sauté until browned.
- Add onion and garlic; sauté until the onion is limp, about 5 minutes, add the rice mix, water, and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, uncovered, then turn down to a simmer and cook 20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Stir in the shrimp, clams, and chicken; cook an additional 5-10 minutes or until the clams open.
- Stir in the peas and serve.