Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
ohemgee, these are melt in your mouth shortbread cookies! THE ONLY shortbread recipe you'll ever need! ...I didnt like when my mother baked them because I'd eat them all and I don't like to share! Even freezing them doesn't help as they are delicious frozen too. ...**If you dont have cake flour, its easy to make! Measure 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour. Then measure out 3 tablespoons of that flour and replace with 3 tbsp of cornstarch! Sift at least 4 times to get it well incorporated!**
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 2⁄3 cup icing sugar
- 10 teaspoons strawberry jam
- Preheat oven 360.
- In a mixer stand on 2 or 4, cream butter and vanilla, then add in the cream. I do this for about 5 minutes to get creamy texture.
- On stir or lowest stand setting, Add in the cake flour, icing sugar. Combine until you get a smooth creamy dough.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons of dough on a parchment line pan. With a clean finger tip, poke a well in the middle of the cookie, spoon 1/2 teaspoon or less bit in of your favorite jam.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes until edges begin to get golden brown, like in my picture!
- Enjoy! :).