Recipe by Chef Luny
ohemgee, these are melt in your mouth shortbread cookies! THE ONLY shortbread recipe you'll ever need! ...I didnt like when my mother baked them because I'd eat them all and I don't like to share! Even freezing them doesn't help as they are delicious frozen too. ...**If you dont have cake flour, its easy to make! Measure 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour. Then measure out 3 tablespoons of that flour and replace with 3 tbsp of cornstarch! Sift at least 4 times to get it well incorporated!**
Top Review by RedhairMac
These are yummy -- very 'short' and very good. The only problem I had was in doubling the recipe -- it's way too much butter so the cookies spread, were pretty greasy and took a good 7 minutes longer to bake. So if you're gonna double it, I'd suggest doing only 1 1/2 cups butter instead of 2 full cups. They were still good, though, even though they were flat. I used both apricot and black raspberry jams -- yum.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 2⁄3 cup icing sugar
- 10 teaspoons strawberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 360.
- In a mixer stand on 2 or 4, cream butter and vanilla, then add in the cream. I do this for about 5 minutes to get creamy texture.
- On stir or lowest stand setting, Add in the cake flour, icing sugar. Combine until you get a smooth creamy dough.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons of dough on a parchment line pan. With a clean finger tip, poke a well in the middle of the cookie, spoon 1/2 teaspoon or less bit in of your favorite jam.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes until edges begin to get golden brown, like in my picture!
- Enjoy! :).