1/3 Photos of My Secret Most Special Incredibly Awesome Toast.
This is more of a method than recipe. But... I am not a big fan of toast. When it comes with my breakfast at the diner, I eat it to not waste the money paid for it. My grandmother's homemade bread toast was, of course, an exception. But she's gone & bread making is not my, um...forte. BUT, I picked up a loaf of really nice artisanal bread at a bakery & had an IDEA.... your bread doesn't need to be round, it just can't be flat. This method produces toast that will make your head swirl. You MUST have a heavy, preferably cast iron, skillet. I recommend the best butter you can afford.
My Private Note
- 1Heat the cast iron skillet over medium low heat.
- 2Slice your bread thickly - 1/2 - 1". Butter generously & thoroughly including the edges.
- 3Place butter side down in hot skillet. Check every few minutes until it is toasted to your liking. Remove carefully.
- 5You may top with preserves or whatever makes you happiest.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Secret Most Special Incredibly Awesome Toast.
Serving Size: 1 (514 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1877.8
- Calories from Fat 946
- Total Fat 105.2 g
- Saturated Fat 61.1 g
- Cholesterol 244.0 mg
- Sodium 2854.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 202.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 31.5 g