Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my own recipe for cole slaw. My secret ingredient gives it a little extra taste that everyone seems to like.
- 1 small head of cabbage
- 2 -3 carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 1 golden delicious apple (secret ingredient)
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- Chop cabbage,carrots,onion and apple in food processor and transfer to large mixing bowl.
- Add celery seed,sugar,vinegar and mayonnaise to bowl.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir until well blended.
- Refrigerate until chilled and ready to serve.
Hey Chef #219653 Just because your Mother did it...doesn't mean everyone else in the world thought of it too!!!! I hadn't! and found this slaw to be GREAT! everyone said the apple made the slaw. Thanks again for what to me was a secret ingredient!!! Tapout
This is now our favourite coleslaw recipe, even the kids like it! I left out the onions and used the dressing ingredients as specified with 1/8 tsp. salt and pepper, but with 1/2 head of cabbage. Great recipe, thanks for sharing!!!
I did half the recipe. I put 1 carrot, 1 golden delicious apple, no celery seeds, no onion. Maybe next time I'll double the sauce. It's delicious :)