1/1 Photo of My Secret Brandy Truffles
Okay so they're not a secret anymore. I hesitated to publish this recipe, but it's just too good not to share. If you don't like Brandy, I suppose dark rum, Grand Marnier, or Bourbon would be good, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the chocolate chips in a glass bowl.
- 2In a small saucepan, bring the cream to a boil and then pour it over the chocolate.
- 3Shake the bowl gently to let the cream settle into the chocolate, then cover the bowl with a plate or a lid to allow the chocolate to melt (takes about 5 minutes).
- 4Whisk to mixture until smooth and shiny. Stir in the Brandy. Cover the SURFACE of the CHOCOLATE with the plastic wrap and put in a cool place for about two hours to let the chocolate firm up. (Do not simply put the plastic over the bowl. If you do, the chocolate with develop a "skin" like pudding does.).
- 5Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper. Use two spoons to drop 1/2 to 1-inch mounds of chocolate on the paper.
- 6Chill your hands under cold water (then dry them), and roll the mounds between your palms to shape them into smooth round balls.
- 7Pour the cocoa/ground chocolate onto a plate or bowl, and roll the truffles in the chocolate using a clean spoon to help you coat them. Refrigerate the truffles until ready to serve.
- 8To serve, gently scoop the truffles out of the cocoa with a fork and put them in small candy cups or a decorate platter. I like to use a small silver platter than I've refrigerated for nice presentation.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Secret Brandy Truffles
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.6
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 6.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 1.3 g