1/1 Photo of My Scalloped Potatoes
I found this recipe a long time ago and it is so much faster to bake than your regular recipe. Still you get that flavour of the old-fashioned favorite, scalloped potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1PREHEAT oven to 350°F Grease 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- 2PLACE potatoes and sliced onion in large saucepan. Cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes; drain. Set in ice cold water to stop the cooking; drain.
- 3HEAT butter in same saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Gradually stir in evaporated milk and chicken broth.
- 4Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat. Arrange potatoes in prepared baking dish; pour milk mixture over potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 5BAKE for 50 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cheese is light golden brown.
- 6NOTE: For a twist on the traditional, spice up your Scalloped Potatoes with these tips. Add chopped ham.Or, add 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese to the milk mixture after it is removed from the heat and top the dish with additional shredded cheddar cheese in place of Parmesan cheese.
- 7No fat Carnation milk works.
- 8Slicing your potatoes in your processor is another time saver.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Scalloped Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.3
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 27.5 mg
- Sodium 541.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 8.9 g