1/3 Photos of My Sausage Breakfast Burritos
Sausage,Salsa & so easy. I've been making these burros for my kids and grandkids for many years. Quick, easy and oh yum... When picking your flour tortillas, pick the most flexable ones availble. Here in Arizona that's easy, but in the midwest that can be difficult. The trick is heating the tortillas in a hot skillet prior to rolling into the burro. We like Herdez Salsa which is available is most grocery stores, or use your favorite chunky salsa.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook sausage in a medium hot skillet until no longer pink, add salsa and cook until most of the liquid is gone. (Not completely dry),.
- 2In another skillet scrample eggs lightly, before completely done, add to sausage/salsa mixture, set aside.
- 3Heat flour tortillas in a large skillet over high heat, turning twice, heating till tortilla is nice and soft. (If you overheat and tortilla is dry and hard; discard, you only want to use warm and flexable tortillas)).
- 4Place warm, flexable tortilla on serving plate, add 1/4 portion of egg/sausge mix on tortilla, top with 1/8 cup cheddar cheese, then roll burro style.
- 5If you like more spice, serve with more salsa, as well as sour cream and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Sausage Breakfast Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 696.5
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 401.0 mg
- Sodium 1494.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 30.6 g